My work consists mainly of social realist compositions, abstract synesthetic transformations of music, semi-abstract beachscapes and dream imagery. Regardless of subject matter, my use of vivid color combinations is inspired by Peter Max and by my own passion for life. Various shades of purple, glowing seagulls and over-sized objects reflect my metaphysical, mysterious and whimsical tastes. Dots, circles and stars are key signature elements which I use to suggest magical environments. I strive for an other-worldly quality in the art that I create. In some paintings, I literally become part of the environment by incorporating a photographic self-portrait. It's likened to film producers Steven King, Spike Lee and Quentin Terrantino playing characters in their own movies.
My view of creativity is that it's not limited to visual arts. Creativity touches everything I do. Whether it's interior decorating, photography, cooking, gardening, dancing, singing, writing or my wardrobe, art really is everywhere
and Life itself is 'Creativity In Progress'. In addition to the aforementioned hobbies, I'm also affiliated with these
fine organizations and groups:
* Scrublz Organic Cleaning Company - Owner/Operator
* Arts Unlimited of Renton (Nonprofit) - Board Member
* Poverty Bay Artists Group - Member Artist
* Pacific Northwest Writer's Association - Member Writer
* D.A.W.N. Network - Certified Crisis Line Counselor
* Washington State Reflections Program - Art Judge
* Allied Arts Annual Chalk Art Competition - Art Judge
Orenda T. Ayashe
Pages are continually being perfected, so keep checking in to see what's NEW! All artwork is copyrighted and viewable in the Gallery. You're invited to add comments in the space under each creation. Enjoy your tour and thanks for visiting!